Excellent Service
To Every Client

Applying For A Marriage Visa After A Proxy Marriage

We at Holmes & Ramos Immigration Attorney have obtained many marriage visas for the spouses of American citizens, both active duty military and non-military, who were married by proxy.

If you have already completed a proxy marriage, please contact us and we can get started working on your CR-1 or IR-1 marriage visa.

Advise For Those Considering A Proxy Marriage

If you are not yet married but interested in doing so by proxy, please read the material below:

Only four states allow proxy marriages and each has its own rules and requirements.

For U.S. immigration purposes, a proxy marriage performed in one of the four states listed below is valid as long as the marriage has been consummated.

  • California: One of the parties must appear in person and the other must be active duty military who is deployed for a conflict of war.
  • Montana: This is the only state that allows a double proxy marriage. “Double proxy” means that neither party has to appear in person. However, one of the parties must be active duty military but not necessarily deployed.
  • Texas: One of the parties must appear in person and the person requesting the proxy by marriage must be serving in the military and stationed outside of the U.S.
  • Kansas: One of the parties must travel to Kansas and remain in Kansas for a minimum of four days.

If the marriage has not been consummated, a proxy marriage can be used as proof of relationship when filing for a K-1 fiancée visa.

If you are interested in learning more about proxy marriages please contact Sam Geller at Sam is the expert in proxy marriages and has arranged more than 3,000 proxy marriages.